Wondering how to start a garden? No problem. Here are a few simple steps to get you started.
- Place your garden somewhere that you can see it regularly. Out of site, out of mind. Just like in real estate, it is all about location.
- Follow the sun – Make sure you know how much sun your plants need. Most edible plants such as vegetables and herbs need at least 6 hours of sun per day.
- Keep close to water – plan your garden where you can easily access it by a garden hose. If you have to lug heavy jugs of water, you will not be inclined to do it.
- Start with great soil – You will want soil that is nutrient-rich and well-drained.
- Learn your frost dates – You do not want to plant too early or too late. You can accidentally kill plants by putting them out prematurely.
- Feed plants regularly – remember this equation: amazing soil + top-notch plant food = super garden success! Begin feeding your garden about a month after planting.